Exam format question

Discussion in 'A+' started by DutchTech, Sep 22, 2009.

1. DutchTech

DutchTech New Member

Hi

I'm going to be taking the 2006 exam in the next few months (and am ploughing my way through the Mike Meyers All In One book).
    I was wondering about the exam itself - I appreciate that it's multiple choice but do you have to answer each question in turn or do you get the opportunity to pass some questions and later on go back to the questions that you want to think about?

Not sure if that sounds right :) but hopefully you'll know what I mean!

Thanks

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You can go back/forward question-by-question at any time in the exam. You also have a 'mark for review' box for those you're unsure about, and there's a summary screen at the end where you can jump to any question you want, review the marked questions or review all the questions.
    The procedure I used was:
    Go through all the questions. Those I wasn't sure about I marked for review and took my best guess.
    Once I'd answered all the questions, I reviewed those I'd marked. I would only change answers here if I was absolutely sure my first guess was wrong, because your first guess is often your best guess.
    Then I reviewed every single question, just in case I'd made a silly error or two.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. DutchTech

DutchTech New Member

Thanks - that's a relief! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +