1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exam Cram CD - This made me laugh!

Discussion in 'A+' started by asje1, Aug 14, 2009.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

I asked this question out loud into my office, of the 3 guys i asked, all 3 agreed that the answer I picked was correct. The questions is worded completely wrong in my opinion, just made me laugh! I'm meant to be learning from this book & CD not correcting it :)

Hehe.

(Sorry pic quality is abit poo? Had trouble resizing)

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

The answer is correct imo and the question isn't that badly worded either :p

A good analogy would be...

Say your car engine stops firing. Do you go out and buy a new engine? No. You take it to a mechanic who can further assess the problem and then if needs require, buy a new engine.

Qs

EDIT - As a side note, I'd be careful about lifting such content directly off the MS Readiness Review suite. Forewarned is forearmed.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I'm with Qs on this one, always suspect software before hardware unless you can see the smoke.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I'd say poorly worded. since it doesn't say that you can see the display at POST

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

You aren't supposed to post stuff like this as its someones intellectual property

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  6. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I would of just done safe mode.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  7. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I agree with the above... first things first safe mode. I will agree, the question isn't worded the best. And yes, careful with what you post.

Cheers!
    :)

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  8. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

The question said, if you have NO display... without any display how on earth can you select safe mode!?

It's a badly worded question..

There are too many questions like this on the exam cram book... using the mike myers total tester I can pass the tester exams with flying colours, when it comes to the exam cram questions its a different story.

Maybe its me.. i dont know.

Another example:

A couple of hours after you install a new processor upgrade in a desktop system, it is overheating.

Whats is the cause of this?

a You forgot to apply thermal compound to the heat sink
    b You forgot to attach the fan's power connector
    c You installed an incompatible processor
    d You installed the wrong driver for the processor

I'm no expert don't get me wrong, but the guys in my office are and they agreed with me when i say.. answers a & b are too close to choose part? It also depends on what kind of machine / processor etc? I picked B, which was wrong.. A was correct.. Just abit too close to call in my opinion!?

Certifications: A+, N+
  9. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Upon first read, I did assume B, but after re-reading, If it was B, the overheating would take place after 5 or so minutes.. The fact it says after a few hours suggests the paste.

ALWAYS RE-READ QUESTIONS ! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yeah, but some modern processors would run fine for a couple of hours even without the fan going, so even though your reasoning is good, I'm still going to go with poor question on that one. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada