exam cram book query

Discussion in 'Network+' started by cjd, Jul 27, 2006.

1. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

hi all,

i'm currently reading exam crams book for the network+ exam, but i was wondering has anyone solely used that book? i was wondering if there are any reasonably priced books that i should consider to use with it?

Certifications: HND, A+, Network+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi there... i havent used the exam cram for N+ but i did for 70-270 and MCDST and i was disappointed in all 3 cases... they lacked depth and i think you cant rely on them as you only study guide. Are you using anything else too?8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Slightly unrelated, but I'm currently reading through the Exam Cram 2 book for 70-229, and while it's an excellent book, there's absolutely no way it could be used as a sole reference.

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  4. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

for network + u can have a look at sybex books, link for it is over here

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

as far as i know this is a good book compared to others...all the best with your preparation :thumbleft

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  6. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I can second Riaz as far as the Sybex bok goes for the N+. I used that pretty much as a sole reference when taking mine, and it seemed pretty much fully inclusive of everything you'd need to pass. (as far as my experiences went that is.)

Wouldn't recommend Sybex for the 70-270... but thats a whole other story. :)

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard