exam costs

Discussion in 'A+' started by Trevor, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Trevor

Trevor New Member

Hi Guys
    I have just been quoted the figure of £320.30 by someone at the Manchester College for the essentials exam and the same again for the it tech, I hade been under the impression that the exam was £114 +vat anyone have an assured figure, before I try again ( and have a rant:ohmy)
    thanks in advance
    Trevor

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

that cost of £114 will be for just the exam. Manchester College will be quoting you a price for the course and the exam.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

This is more than likely, though it's always best to check with the college to be sure.

Just give them a ring, they'll be more than happy to help I'm sure.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What they said ^

The exams cost £111+vat unless they have gone up so thats around to £260 ish for both.

you can buy discount vouchers from www.gracetechsolutions.com which cost £107 each with no VAT to pay when you get the codes of them you use those instead of your credit card when registering with pearsonvue.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

Yes it wil be for the whole course,and that £320 should not include exam fees at all.

Exam fees, if you study at college there is a half price offer for exams
    so you pay £64 for each exam you want to take.

You would need to complete the college course first to qualify for a £64 exam.

I did this subject at college so i recognise the figures,mine was a bit more than £320, the course was £365
    and there was another 2 x £64 to pay for 2 exams.

Total cost of college course and exams for me=£493

The way to look at the A+ normally is to separate the college from the exam.These are 2 different things.

The college is there to teach you,and prepare you for an exam,it is not especially set up as a test centre or exam centre.

Yes some people will take the exam in a college,but plenty of students will not,which is why there are test centres which have nothing to do with the college but will let you sit an A+ exam.

I sat both my exams in a test centre, quite a distance from the college that i studied the A+ at,infact i took my last a+ exam 15 months after my college course had ended.
    These figures show you how the college and the exam are two separate subjects.

This appears to be the course,note it says at the end information about the exams
    http://www.mancat.ac.uk/adult/courses/course_details.asp?cat=oracle&leaflet=6382
    "What will I be able to do after I've completed this course?
    On completion of this course, you may take the CompTIA (220-601) and (220-602) exams"

Also stated is that it is a 15 week course,one night attendance per week,some colleges do 2 nights a week for 16 weeks,so may'be that is why yours is cheaper.It's also a Cisco course which mine was too.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272