Exam 70-682

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Gav, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Hi all,

In the next few months, I'm planning on doing MCDST followed by the Vista (70-261) and 7 (70-682) upgrade exams.

Completing 70-261 gives:
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration

However, I'm unsure as to whether 70-682 gives the MCTS & MCITP, or just the MCITP. After reading this thread (http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=352273), I'm still none the wiser as two MS sources are saying the exact opposite.

I've e-mailed Microsoft, but I was wondering if anybody in here could shed any more light on the matter in the meantime?

Thanks,

Gav

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You will get the MCTS:Configuring Windows 7 on your transcript if you pass the 70-682.
    The confusion seems to have arisen from a foobar at their end and was rectified in September last year. I've seen it verified on other peoples transcripts.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Fantastic. :biggrin

4. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  5. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Two certs for the price of one.... I love it :D

6. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Remember that the exam does cover some of the contents from both the 680 and 685 exams

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  7. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I know. I'm planning on getting both of the books and studying as though I was doing the exams separately.

8. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

MS got back to me with a confirmation.

Great :biggrin