1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exam 70-680 discontinued in January 2014?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Ross, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Hey Guys,

I hope this is the right Section to post my question in :)

I was about to embark upon the Course and Exam 70-680: Windows 7, Configuring.

I have read somewhere that this exam is been discontinued in January 2014, is this true and what is the best replacement to be qualified in?

I have been recommended CompTIA: A+, Network+ & Security+ as a Bundle as the best alternative?

Any thoughts ideas?
    Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Not sure where you read it, according to this page it isn't on the list to be retired, only the 681 & 682 is (see here).
    Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...