Ever just googled the exam number your doing ????

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Richie1888, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

(not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyway)

Ive just recently started studying 70-646 server 2008 as the last step in the mcitp server admin. So ive got slightly bored and thought id Google 70-646 for study notes exam experience etc and to my surprise after the MS first official hit its all dumps. I mean literally its all dumps. Even the likes of CBT Nuggets, the official page for their series on 70-646 doesn’t appear till page 8 even though at least 2 hits before were there for you to download it from rapidshare.

Pretty crazy and I didn’t even get to anything of any use 13 pages in when I stopped bothering to try.

Certifications: See Sig
    WIP: Security+
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's very sad.

Most newcomers don't even try Google and just turn up here asking what they need to do for this exam or that exam, and those that do try to look it up for themselves are likely to come into some poor advice.

But, as with everything, if these people are determined to get the word out there, it's hard to stop them.

Dumpers don't have to worry about overheads like other companies. They can afford to churn all their ill-gotten gains back into advertising.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep. And legit companies like ours get buried underneath all the trash. We can't afford to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on advertising. We'd rather spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on high-quality authors and editors.

If you like what we legit companies do for IT certification, post about it. Blog about it. Tweet about it. Fan us on Facebook. Tell your friends and co-workers about it. Let people know. Otherwise, those who don't know any better will end up clicking the first "study tool" link that comes up.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It pisses me of that if you google and exam number then it either training providers or dumps that you get back as the results and unless you type boson or preplogic or transcender before the exam number then thats what your faced with. I wish the dumpers could be banned.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Yeah, I just googled my exam! WOW! I had no idea they were this bold and brazen about it "our braindumps will guarantee you pass" etc. one even had BD as part of its site name. Given that these people are so easy to find and they are so blatant about what they are doing, I am surprised the industry is not doing more to shut these guys down and it is left to good people like us to act as the shining light and appeal to people's sense of fair play.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  6. BosonMichael

It's because they're usually located in third-world countries, beyond the legal reach of Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, etc. :(

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. Trogdor

Hmmm, seeing as MS produce the most used internet browser as far as I know, couldn't they just add these jokers to the list of sites that make the browser flash up red with a "Danger Will Robinson" type message that says that if you intend on getting a MS certification using content from this site, it can lead to your certification being revoked?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Or the sites that actually make legit products could perhaps invest in some SEO work and get their corporate webpage moved to the top of the list for various search terms

most of them dont prioritize exam numbers in the way the sites are designed, its their own product names or the exam names and such, this leads them to being on page 50

Also the way google uses linkback stuff for working out pagerank means that the more people linking to the crap sites and not legit sites keep them high

its swings and roundabouts

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. BosonMichael

Yeah... we do that. Hard to keep up when they invest in advertising and we invest in quality authors.

Some don't. But despite doing it the right way, you see how much it helps. The dumpers are still at the top.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  10. BosonMichael

You could certainly suggest that to them...

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'm sure google now give you the option to filter out search results or demote certain results.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. Trogdor

Done. Will let everyone know when / if they reply. Who knows? Maybe I will be on a telly advert (TV commercial for the colonists out there) saying "I'm a PC, and kicking braindumpers to the kerb was my idea." :D

13. jayjay

jayjay New Member

Hey guys.

What is a brain dump? Not heard this term before.

I guess it's a way of finding out the answers?

Jason

14. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

See here. The majority of the time, when we speak of braindumps in IT, it refers to this:

It's cheating and a bad form of it.

If/when caught using braindumps, you can:

1. Face decertification
    2. Face a ban on further/future exams and in some cases
    3. Face legal action

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  15. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

yup sounds about right. Did try to find info on 83-640 and it was all brain dumps. Sad but true.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011