1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event ID 4015 DNS Error

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by searchformeaning, Sep 16, 2012.

1. searchformeaning

searchformeaning Bit Poster

I got this even id on a new DC after a fresh installation of Windows server 2003, DHCP, DNS, and AD. It's event ID 4015
    "The DNS server has encountered a critical error from the Active Directory. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly. The event data contains the error."

I made a research and tried some solutoins but it did not work. I am afraid that I'll have problems after installing apps on that DC. I hope that you can help to figure it out.

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is this a lab or production environment?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. searchformeaning

searchformeaning Bit Poster

It's a production environment

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Only one NIC in the server? Also is the OS fully patched up?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  5. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

does the error go away after a while, what other events are logged around this error. Does DNS work and how do you have the IP address and DNS server settings set up in the network.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing