Even better news guys!

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Cunningfox, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Passed TSHOOT this morning with an 890 :).

CCNP baby! yeah :).

:alc

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Congrats! What a way to start the weekend WoopWoop!

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
    Cunningfox likes this.
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Nice! Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Congrats :D

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
    Cunningfox likes this.
  5. Biggjoe81

Biggjoe81 Bit Poster

Congratulations Cunningfox. I will have one on you this week end:D

Cunningfox likes this.
  6. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

Nice one.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
    Cunningfox likes this.
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congrats:), do you currently work in the IT networks field?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
    Cunningfox likes this.
  8. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Thanks all :).

@onoski: I'm currently working as a sys admin, sys architect, general it guy for a relatively small company with a large server base. I get to do an awful lot with all sorts of tech including Cisco stuff (mainly layer 2 though). Last project was a 2 blade VMWare cluster with a 10GB SAN and SQL cluster behind it, I designed, ordered and built it. Next one if I get my way is a complete network redesign. If I don't, jobserve ;).

Some comments on the exam and CCNP in general for anyone interested.

The TSHOOT is a really fun exam (yeah I know what I just said). It is, however, a pain to revise for. Going through the book and answering questions doesn't really prepare you. The only way to prepare imo is to build, make mistakes and correct them. Even better if you know someone who can break your lab and you can go fix it. For ROUTE I read the book, for SWITCH I skimmed the book going into details where needed for TSHOOT I did some of the 'do I know this already' questions and then binned it (not literally). The demo and topology on the official site are GOLD and memorise that topology as much as possible, it helps.

CCNP is really good track and really tests you know what you are doing. Before this (a couple of years ago now) I took the new CCNA combined exam and that is similar imo. I like the way Cisco is heading with their re-designs but I have two critisims, one on SWITCH; it really needs another topic thrown in, I was left wanting more maybe an MPLS primer (still 0 knowlesge on this) or Multi-Cast or just something. My second critisim is of TSHOOT, it needs to have more on monitoring equipment I want to see stuff on netflow, snmp and the like something I actually need to learn for the exam rather than just re-inforce ROUTE and SWITCH.

Anyway mini rant over :). Delighted to have passed and now a little bit lost with what to do now with my free time hehe :).

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??