Euro 2004

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by noelg24, Jun 10, 2004.

?

Who will win Euro 2004?

1. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Porutgal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Spain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Holland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Latvia

100.0%
  7. Italy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Greece

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Russia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Croatia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Switzerland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Bulgaria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Denmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Sweden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Czech Republic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well the time is nearly upon us people...so lets put our money (yeah right) where our so called mouths are....who will win that coveted Euro 2004 title? I maybe living in Aberdeen...but I would go for England...I think this could be their year....and about darn time too....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I CALL FOR A UNIVERSAL BAN ON THE WHOLE FOOTBALL CRAP!

lol anyone wanna second me?

i have to say im not against FOOTBALL per se (though i dont like it, and have no interest in it) , i just object to people getting paid a bloody FORTUNE to kick a ball around a field for 90 mins!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I agree with u mate...but I do know half of the Newcastle football team...and I see them I dont see them as footballers getting paid huge amounts of money cos some of them are genuinely human and you dont get many of them really....but saying that the beautiful is the BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!!

4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Now Now Fergal, come one.How can you say that.I mean think about it.All those injuries from rolling fifties times across the pitch the get a free kick.
    I mean the pain they have go through, all in the name of sport.They must feel like the gladiators did when they got a speer through the neck, the poor poor little darlings.

And the pressure of having to kick a penalty.I mean if they miss, they still get 50 grand a week, but that's not the point.It's the feeling of letting their team and most of all the loyal, underpaid, ripped off fans, that causes them to feel so much turmoil as they kick the ball.How could they sleep at night knowing that they have let their fans down.

That's of course why when they've had a bad result, they can't sleep because of the guilt they feel.So they of course need to go out on the ale :alc2 , to clubs until the small hours, to make themselves feel better,ahh bless :ma
    For these nights out, with accompaniments :lovly , they need a fair few quid, it's understandable, the price of things these days :roll:

And as if all those hours of football weren't hard enough, they even do adverts in their SPARE TIME :!: .Just so that we all know what are the best products to buy.Now you don't see that kind of commitment a lot these days.

So spare a thought for these guys.They're like African tribesmen hunting for food to sustain their village.But they're hunting for trophies to bring back to the humble, untalented masses of mere paramedics, scientists, carers, and the rest of us hard grafters.

What would we do without them :?:

England to win.

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thats right flex, throwing yourself on the ground like that all the time has got to hurt. They also only feel guilty because their acting wasn't as good as the other teams and they get paid a lot because acting lessons are expensive.

[​IMG]

BTW, hop Schweiz, hop Schweiz, hop Schweeeeeiz :lol:
    Switzerland to be Euro Champs :lol:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

It was me wot voted Latvia, btw - I drew them in the Work Sweepstake :cry: :(

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thats really sad Jak, really sad :cry:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

How the heck do I know?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well since I am stuck at work today I will miss the match between England and the Swiss :evil: but I will be keeping a close eye on the results here at work. so here's to hoping that those sodding English fellas get their flamin' butts into gear. or it'll be a case of :snipersm:

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Oh come on, we'll be celebrating with Toblerones all round while the Poms will be boarding the plane back home :lol: [/img]

11. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Whats your score prediction for tonights England V Croatia match.

2 - 1 to the England

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

someone at work just asked me that and I said it would be 1-0 to England. I the Croats will put up a good fight cos they know they are the underdogs in the group but they wont be pushovers so it should be a good game but a very close one at that.

13. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Anybody want to make an offer on 6,435,655 Toblerone's. Going cheap. :oops:

14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yeah but do u take Euros? (theres not a symbol on the keyboards here at work) how much?

15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Good game then eh? I have to say Ronney wont be at Everton come next season and if he is well it wont be long till someone big team takes him away from Everton....which makes me think a poll is in the bag for this one!!!