Estimated Differences between 2006 Obj to 2009 Obj?

Discussion in 'A+' started by swatto, Mar 20, 2009.

1. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Hello All,

As most of you know im currently studying for the A+ and will hopefully get it done before the 2006 Objectives become obselete (just finished reading the chapter on Hard Drive Technologies). Just wondered if some of you seasoned pros could take a guess as to how much the objectives will change in 2009?

Thanks for any replies on this :)

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Have a look on the compTIA website but I am pretty sure much of it will be the same apart from updated RAM speeds, news hard drive technolgy like Solid state, Vista included in the operating systems although I doubt it will be covered asmuch as XP.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I wouldn't worry about it. You've got enough time if you don't slack off :biggrin.
    Also, I don't see the hardware changing much, maybe networks will get a bit easier with the loss of some obsolete/nearly obsolete technologies and Vista isn't a huge change from XP/2000 from the point of view of an A+ tech.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

I could see them adding Bluetooth most likely not going to be a big deal, as well as SSDs and possibly WiMax. You should have plenty of time though because there is no sign of them changing until Q309 at least.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Do you mean more Bluetooth?

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

You'll also get information on Blueray I should think.

7. Pheonicks56

Yes, sorry I made the post a bit hastily I admit, but yes it seems that it should/would be covered a little more now that it is more mainstream than it was when the 2006 objectives came out.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Usually, older technologies are jettisoned and newer technologies are added... that's about it. Hard to know exactly which ones...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

Yes bluetooth is already featured in the exams at the moment.It's also covered as a teaching subject in the a+ just now.

I'd expect to see some vista questions in the new objectives,and more focus on things like sata and pci express,which is barely covered in the exams just now.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  10. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

I'm als a little worried about not having enough time before the new objectives come in, as i only have a little time in the evening to study.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  11. Pheonicks56

Study during your lunch break, if you have an mp3 player go get Mr. Ford's Class podcasts and listen to them for the commute to/from work, read on the john and when you go to bed. These helped me blow through the material the first time in like 2 weeks and I retained a huge amount of the material this way.