ESSENTIALS EXAM TOMOROW!

Discussion in 'A+' started by alih786, Feb 27, 2008.

1. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

ive got the a+ essentials exam tomorow, i hope i pass, i have been revising hard. but i am not confident in the network fundermentals chapter - networks is the hardest and i doubt that i wud get any questions right on networks. anyway i hope i pass and i hope God will make me pass:rolleyes:. ITS GOD'S MERCY. and thank you for reading.

Certifications: BTEC First Diploma - Cisco IT Essentials
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

good luck with the exam, try and go over any sections you are not happy with like networking.

Are you using the Mike Meyers AIO book? as it explains everything clearly in that book

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

no, i am from the UK. i am using the uk study materials. and believe me, the questions are different from the US. the uk questions are based on the uk materials. but thanks for your help. mike myers passport guide is good 1, but doesnt have the enough info, but thanks.

4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Good luck!

5. greenbrucelee

I didn't say anything about which country you are from :blink the best book to use is compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by Mike Meyers (AIO all in one) the passport book doesn't contain enough info imo.

6. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

all in one exam guide?? u gotta be kiding me, i have looked through it, and i must say thats a junk of rubbish when i read it. it contains information that is not necessary, the passport guide is way better, but thanks for the advice though. and i am revising very hard today, because i havent reveised before (wich i shud of done), basically i have to revise 10 chapters TODAY!

7. greenbrucelee

The AIO book deosnt contain unneccesary information the All in one exam guide contains everything you need to know. It has sections that relate to every exam but you need to know all of the sections for Essentials and the IT techncian exam. I take it you are with Advent or some other training provider.

The all in one exam guide is the most recommended book to get for the A+

Edit: with the all in one exam guide your supposed to read the whole book not just bits of it.

8. MrBlack

MrBlack New Member

Whats the old adage, failing to prepare is preparing to fail. No, honestly, good luck, but hardcore last minute revision was never my thing, never gave myself less than a week or two for any exam, but I guess I'm a bit sad like that.

One thing I always accepted with exams is that you can't expect to know all of it and that for passing or getting the top mark its usually irrelevant, 4/5 = A+. Sometimes if you can't grasp a concept/subject after going over it a few times and trying to learn it then sometimes it's best to just move on and not cause undue stress over something and concentrate on other areas that you might be able to improve on.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but most people would disagree with you. The AIO contains what you need to know to pass the exam AND to be a knowledgeable tech. After all, that's what it's about: being able to do the job, not just being able to pass an exam, right?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

EXAM PASSED!!!! BUT THATS NOT THE END. nother exam next week. and another 2 in the near future.

11. greenbrucelee

Well done & good luck in the next exam :) what other two exams are you doing? you only need to pass 2 exams to become A+ certified.

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. minkey

minkey Bit Poster

congratulations

Certifications: dove-dipolma of vocational education
    WIP: COMPTIA A+ with equals
  14. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats! 8)

15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

the 1 i just passed was just a practice exam. he teacher wanted 2 see all of us if were redy for the 2 final exams. next week is another pracvtice exam 2 see if were redy. chapetrs 1-10 practise test passed. next week chapters 11-16 test. if i pass that 1 then its gonna be a FINAL THEORY EXAM CHAPTERS 1-16. and 1 practical test.

17. greenbrucelee

I thought you meant you had passed the real thing. It looks like you have a lot of tests to do before you do the real 2 exams.

18. anniemac

anniemac Bit Poster

I so totally agree with you I went that route and wrote both exams one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, passed both. It's just a pity I have no experience and can't find a job despite many interviews.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Network +
  19. anniemac

anniemac Bit Poster

I so totally agree with you. I went that route and wrote one exam in the morning and the other in the afternoon, passed both. It's a pity I have no experience and can't find a job, despite many interviews.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Network +
  20. greenbrucelee

don't give up, I'm sure you will find something soon.