Problem Equipment resources in exchange 2007

Discussion in 'Software' started by nugget, Jan 20, 2010.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi all, I'm trying to set up equipment resources in exchange 2007 so that everybody has access to the calendar of the resource and can put their appointment directly into the resources calendar. No matter what I do, it doesn't work. :x

The people can see the calendar, they can book it by email (auto accepted) but they can't put it directly into the calendar itself. It comes with an error that they don't have permission to create subfolders. I can do this as I have given myself full access. I have given people Publishing Editor rights which according to the explanations should allow them to do this but it doesn't work. I have even given them Owner rights both as a group and as an individual and still no go.

WTF is going on? By all accounts it should work but is there something that I'm not doing right?

BTW, I know that someone will say "if they can do it by email then it works as it should". I know that it works this way, but they want to be able to do it directly in the calendar because it's "too complicated and takes too much time" to do it by email. :x

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

As you said mate thats the way it is meant to work, basically the resource should email back if it "available" and it will be part of the meeting request.

If you change the mailbox to a different type, perhaps a user mailbox, and then change the permissions it should work the way you want it to.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs