Equal Rights for non smokers?

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Jun 20, 2006.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Any time mate I've just been looking at your website.

Impressive...very impressive.

For anyone else reading this its click here to reveal all

Monkey 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Oh cripes now I'm gonna cop it in the neck from JonnyMX for those W3C compliance logos :oops:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

So in the same instance then if a company employs an alcholholic or a drug taker then they too should be allowed to do this at there desk ?

the point is not smokers having to smoke outside more the fact that they shouldnt get extra breaks because of it if they want to smoke then deduct it from there t break or lunch break

not meaning to offend it is just annoying that because someone smokes that they should automatically be allowed to bugger off for a fag whenever they feel like it

and you usually find if the management smoke then they are more tolerant to it

sorry if offended anyone :rolleyes:

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I am certain that many people pop drugs at their desks, albeit probably prescribed ones. Bear in mind that many of the drugs prescribed by doctors are addictive in their nature and most of them have serious contra indications.

As far as I am aware drinking at ones desk has always been discouraged in businesses, though on special occasions I know it does happen.

The point is that it used to be socially acceptable for years to smoke whilst working and it has only been recently banned in most but not all offices.

So, if you had been employed and were permitted to drink coffee or tea at your desk and then sometime later a managerial decision is made that meant you now must go outside to drink your chosen beverage, I am sure you would do as instructed.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

The only reason smoking as a vice has been clamped down on in public places is because it's not a very private undertaking.

If one person smokes in a room, everyone else in that room can generally smell it, and knows about it. A lot of people are concerned about what secondary smoke can do; I don't know the facts or stats, so I'm not even going to try to quote them here. But the fact of the matter is that coffee/tea "breaks" (why people can't work and drink a hot beverage at the same time is beyond me) will never be taken 'outside' the office; who are you offending/annoying/worrying by drinking a mug of tea? People are scared/paranoid of what cigarette smoke can do, and because the habit doesn't remain in the immediate vicinity of the smoker (sorry, can't explain it any other way) it's being moved. And yes, probably because there are more non-smokers than there are smokers now.

Unfortunately Bluerinse, it's mob rule, and as a group, smokers are being made to suffer. If I were asked to go outside to drink tea, in all honesty, I'd probably stop drinking it. I fecking hate the cold :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA