Epson C44 plus Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ian Anthony, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Ian Anthony

Ian Anthony New Member

I have aN Epson C44 printer that has just displayed this message 'parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life.Contact your dealer.' I guess this is to do with the ink filters which i have changed. However the message still appears so how do reset the damn thing !!!

2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

One minute on Google found this.

I knew there was a reason I didn't buy an Epson.... :twisted:

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

From what I remember that model of printer doesn't have a display on it, so the message is appearing on your screen right?

What steps have you already taken to try and recitfy the problem?

Have you tried reinstalling the software?

:dry

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

I did the Epson Stylus Engineering Course level 1. And the one main thing that I remember is that if it ain't one of the expensive £400 (and above) job printers, then getting the parts to fix/service the printer are more expensive than buying a new Epson printer. So if it was up to me, I'd ditch the printer and get another one. However epson does have a service utility that works, they give it to anyone one who do their courses but I'm not sure if it is freely available on the website though.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

remember finding a utility after much searching on the web to reset the page count or something on an Epson 580 printer that stopped working because the count was too high even though it hadn't been used that much

Bit of a con if you ask me as there was nothing wrong with the printer seen plenty of complaints on various forums regarding this
    :blink

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  6. Bighysie

Bighysie New Member

hi only my second post but the fault is 99% certain to be the ink waste pad is full so first you need to open the printer and install new ones or cheekily wash the old one out (like a sponge) dry it out fully .then use a small app to reset the waste ink pad counter , it can be found here http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml , just please be carefull with this app as it can seriously mess with your printer if you click the wrong thing, there is a master reset for epson inkjets but its just for epson techs and as such info is vague. this app has all the settings you need to maintain your printer at user level and then some.

WIP: a+ n+
  7. ffreeloader

Well, hopefully now that two of us have posted the solution the OP'er will be able to fix their printer.

Good post, Bighysie.

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Aaargh, bad link, Bighysie :oops:

Damn - that sounds like a handy wee tool to sling in amongst a tech toolkit. If it's not too cheeky to ask, could you poss check and re-post please ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. ffreeloader

Gav,

If Bighysie's link didn't work there's a working link to the same utility in the 4th post down in the link I provided.

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Thanks Freddie - good example of RTFP there !! :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

You supprise me there Freddie. I always thought Epson were a good brand for printers.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  12. ffreeloader

Well, read the thread I posted. If someone doesn't have the knowledge to do computer troubleshooting and are able to install software they are going to have to pay a full service call just to have their printer reset during the course of normal usage. What's worse is it doesn't really matter if the pads are really all that dirty or not. The printers are set to lock out after so many print jobs. The Epson's won't reset just because you clean the pads or cycle the power. You actually have to run a utility that Epson doesn't make readily available to the consumer.

I consider that to be very consumer unfriendly as all Epson had to do was place some type of switch or sensor that would cycle the lockout on the removal and reinstallation of the cleaning pads.

13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Epson's are crap, I used to build the old Stylus Color 500 and 600s back in 1998.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009