1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entry Level IT job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Technperson, May 27, 2013.

1. Technperson

Technperson New Member

I've graduated with a Bachelors degree (Management) in May. I started an PM internship that has made me realize that I want to get into the IT field. My background is very limited in the IT field ranging from a few month experience on database configuration, creating several websites for employers and converting files electronically within a share drive. I am also taking an SQL classes this summer. Does anyone have anymore recommendations. I would love to find a company that I an intern in. I'll even be willing to dedicates non pay time to learn. In the Tampa location area.

Also I was looking at several certification websites such as the National Computer Science Academy, Brainbench and Expertrater. Anyone know if these are good certification online sites?

2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I have never heard of those certs. Are you looking to get in to development / programming?
    Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH