England vs Germany world cup 2010

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Len, Jun 27, 2010.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

¡¡¡vamos españa!!!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well i like to think that once i used my head instead of my heart when placing a bet on the tournament winners, i chose the argies, who were 8/1, while england were 5/1. Now how they came up with them odds ill never know.

One thing ive noticed through the world cups and european championships is the media. They hype up the squad and also im sure we have this attitude that its our turn, or devine right to win the whole thing at each attempt. This is clearly not true, id also like to see the format changed into a knockout competition, like the fa cup, where every game isnt mapped out, but drawn after the round has finished, and the draw is also televised. I think that would make it more exciting and youd not get a boring game when 2 teams who have qualified, meet in the final game. Plus it probably would save everyone a lot of m,oney nin the long run, cos the usa game, i reckon they would of snatched it in extra time.

Another thing, goal line technology needs to be introduced, but also a 4th official must look at certyain incidents. Im not sure you could employ this to the offside rule, if a goal is scored from it, but when people cheat so that players get sent off, should be looked at again, and the cards that were awarded could therfore be taken back, and the pl;ayer who was cheating, could get banned for 5 games or maybe longer without pay, surely this would put a stop to all that, and also the club should get points deducted as that player represents that club.

For fifa to turn round and not answer any questions on the use of technology, then this would suggest that they are out oftouch with the rest of the footballing world, and maybe a change and overhaul at the very top is needed, how can one little group of men decide whats good for the game and whats bad, and ive not heard much from platini, normally the arrogant sods got something to say, maybe he secretly backs the idea??

The germans deserve to be playing argentine, however, im sure their campaign wont be for much longer.

Rant over

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Dreadful! Scotland would've played better.

But then again, there is Scotsman Andy Murray to save pride for Britain...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

I've just heard the england team have arrived at glasgow airport to a great reception from all the scotland fans!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

This is perhaps a SAFER place for them to land - then sneak across the border unseen ...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA