1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EMC - job opportunity

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zebulebu, Sep 7, 2007.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Hi folks

Been speaking to a recruiter over the past couple of days regarding what appears, on the face of it, to be an outstanding opportunity to work direct for EMC. It's a technical consultants role, working as a team lead on storage solutions. Its well paid, and involves some two months' worth of training in Boston - which costs them US$50k per employee, so their initial outlay is pretty steep!

What I want to know is, has anyone on here had any experience working for EMC, or knows of anyone who has? The role sounds too good to be true - but I'm dealing directly with in-house EMC recruitment, not an agency, so there's probably less likelihood of spiel than there would be otherwise.

I'm close to taking the opportunity to interview for it (provided I can persuade the wife that two months apart from me will be worth it - personally I'd have thought she'd be glad to get shot of me, but you never know!) but any inside advice would be grand!

Cheers

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've dealt with EMC on the customer-side end of things, as we were gearing up to install an EMC SAN for a medical records app right before I left to work for Boson. If you think it would help, I can see if my old IT director can dig up his primary EMC tech's name (if they've implemented it by now) and see how he likes working for them...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

That would be awesome Mike - just the kind of inside info I'm after!

Cheers

PS: Probably best you PM me instead of posting anything you hear!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Be sure to tweak my memory on Tuesday in case I forget on Monday. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Most the guys I know are all ex EMC employees
    not sure if that says anything, but from a channel perspective a whole lot of them moved over to Network Appliance

I wouldn't think too much about that though, its just how the channel works

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0