email reconciliation and BIS

Discussion in 'Software' started by Boycie, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Can someone clarify that this doesn't happen when used with Exchange 2003? Please!

I appreciate it can be when used with a provider such as google apps, but not when used through a vodafone BIS setup and exchange.

I have a user who said the sent items have always been the same on the handset and Outlook. With limited information (and the user unable to confirm if it was BIS or BES) the mail he sent me did indeed come via mobile.vodafone.blah.blah

thanks!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Almost certainly BIS.

Depending on the setup, they will either be using

1. An Active Directory Contact to forward emails to the mobile.vodafone account and the reply set as work email address. If this is the case, the Outlook Sent Items would not be synching with the

2. If they have an SSL Certificate they will be connecting to Exchange directly from BIS, which will reconcile email only.

Personally, I would tell them to get shot of the setup and as long as they have Internet Data tariff, you can get BES Express 5 for free http://uk.blackberry.com/services/business/server/express/

You can then for no extra cost (apart from a Server to install it on) synch, Emails, Contacts, Calendar etc.

I have lashed in 3 of these over the past two weeks, they work a treat.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5