email accounts for mandatory sign up sites

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by dales, May 16, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post this link. Its a site where you can get an email address and account for 10 minutes, which would allow you to register on a site and click the activation link in the verification email without a sudden influx of spam to your main inbox.

In essence a true throwaway mailbox.

Thought it might be useful to some of you as it seems every website with even the slightest bit of useful info on requires a sign up these days.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another good option is Mailinator.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The problem with Mailinator is that they are getting too well known now. Otherwise they are also a good choice.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. BosonMichael

How does being too well known make it a problem? By sites refusing Mailinator addresses? Haven't had that happen yet, but I'm sure it's possible.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I've been refused by a couple of sites because of the mailinator address. It seems that a few clever people are realising that mailinator is letting people avoid putting their real email address in and therefore not getting their spam mails. I'm sure that they are now programming their forms to refuse the mailinator addresses.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Wow, where have I been? I've not heard of mailinator. Looks pretty interesting though.

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  7. BosonMichael

Ah, yes, I thought that might be it. Always good to have new sites, like the one dales provided for times like that. It's a pain to have to create a new Hotmail or Gmail addy... and even those are denied by some sites.