ElephantDrive.com

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pheonicks56, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

DO NOT SIGN UP! This is a scam, I signed up for the free 15 day trial, two days later I was billed for $50 and calling them sends you directly to a voice mail. I tried canceling my account, they said they would be emailing me a cancelation form which was well over 12 hours ago, in my experience these things typically take no longer than 15 minutes since it is all automated. Once again please do not sign up for elephantdrive.com, this is a scam!

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

What are you on about? I've been using ElephantDrive for months - they're reliable, fast and cheap. I got the free fifteen day trial prior to signing up - they certainly didn't bill me until I'd signed up for the year ($50). Sounds to me like you either screwed up when you signed up or there has been a clerical error somewhere along the way.

For anyone who follows this link via a random Google search I can state that ElephantDrive is NOT a scam. I'm not saying its any better than any of the other online backup services out there, but it does exactly what I want it to do.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Pheonicks56

I'm just stating what personally happened to me. I was very upset to find out that my 15 day trial turned into about a 45 minute free trial then I was promptly billed. Trying to contact them so far has been fruitless. It does seem like a reputable business that's been around since '05 but I wanted to warn people of what could happen based on my experience.

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

No problem with that at all - personal experience and recommendations from people who have used a service I'm looking into help me make an informed decision. I was just saying you maybe could have worded your sentiments a little bit better :biggrin

Peace.

5. ElephantDrive Dan

ElephantDrive Dan New Member

Hi Pheonicks56,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experienced.

First, let me disclaim that I work for ElephantDrive.

Second, I'd like to offer to help you out. I you send me a private message with you ElephantDrive account name and/or email address (the one you used to create your account with), I can find out what went wrong and resolve this issue for you (and for any other users who may be experiencing a billing problem - we haven't heard of any other problems like this, but it is certainly possible if it is happening to you it is happening to others).

I'll be happy to post back what we learn and and resolution steps to this forum.

Also - Zebulebu - glad to hear you are having a good experience. Thanks for using ElephantDrive.

Regards,

ElephantDrive Dan

6. Pheonicks56

Thank you for the help, this does make me feel better about the situation.

7. Pheonicks56

Well I thought that I might actually get some help from ElephantDrive Dan but I have to yet to hear back from him or anyone from the company for that matter. I still have not received a single ounce of communication back from the company via email or by phone. So my opinion stands as it did when I first created this thread.

8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Um, you may want to bear in mind he probably doesn't work 24 hrs a day and is probably in a completley different time zone since I note that he posted at 6.40 pm Uk time and you are posting at 4.50 am UK time.

Just cut him a little slack and maybe give him at least a full 24 hours to check into your problem.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

In all fairness, Pheonicks gave them 58 hours to respond.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Pheonicks56

Yeah at this point I don't care what the excuse is, this company is garbage in my eyes. Not a phone call or email from anyone, and it's outstanding that someone acting as a representative of the company joined the forums and I haven't heard a thing from them since.

11. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I'm amazed how quickly that guy found out about the criticism of the company he works for. How do they do it? is there software that constantly scans the interwebs, flagging text with certain keywords?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  12. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yes. Yes there is.

13. Pheonicks56

Apparently what they do is find criticism put a quick patch on it by joining forums they have no business being at and then never returning or actually answering questions, quite amazing that I still haven't heard from anyone from the company.

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Did you do as he asked and send him a PM with your account details? :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. Pheonicks56

Yes I did, no reply, as long as I don't get charged I don't care, we'll have to wait and see after the 15 days if they charged me or not. All in all I just think it's a shotty business.