Eigrp consepts

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by CONF T, Sep 14, 2010.

1. CONF T

CONF T New Member

Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)​
    hello

this protocol is the best and the easiest protocol in the world why is that bec ::--
    1- BACKUP ROUTE --- all the protocols whene thay find the best route thay put it in the routing table and the other routes thay delet thim but EIGRP doesn't it keeps the secnd best route and pit it in the topology table bec if the best route goes down for any reason it automticly use the backup route it doesn't have to reprocces to find the best router again .

2- Simple configuration --- it is the easies protocol to configure if you compare it to OSPF BGP ISIS
    3- Flexibility in summarization --- its the only one it can do manual summarization.. the other protocols such as OSPF BGP RIP do classfull summarization ..

4- Unequal cost in load balancing -- OSPF BGP do equal cost load balancing 50-50 but by EIGRP u can do 30-70 60-40 ..

now we look to tables and terminology ​
    [​IMG]

EIGRP it hase 3 tables::--
    1- neighbor table thi table it shows the direct connected routers are using EIGRP protocol and we can see this table by using this commend
    [​IMG]

2-Topology table - this table it shows all the routes backup and secnd backup routes it's like EIGRP database and we can see it by
    [​IMG]

3- routing table - it shows the usable routes OFcours the best route and any other routes hase been lerned by any other protocol or static route we can see it by
    [​IMG]

Certifications: CCNA CCNP
    WIP: CCIE
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Conf T, you're really loving your Cisco stuff:) cheerio and keep on plugging away.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

mmmmkaaaaaaaaaaay :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

That is until you want to use a non-cisco router :)

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Chap - you can't use the CCIE logo until you attain the certification - best you take that down

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yup. And when you get the CCIE, there are certain places where you can and cannot use it, and in those places where you use it, it has to be a certain size. Not sure that filling up my screen on every post you make would be an acceptable use, but then again, I'm not Cisco.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

And, when you do acquire the certification, and rights necessary to use the logo, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to use it as a link from someone else's website.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  8. CONF T

CONF T New Member

i removed it
    i am sorry and can't u just send it in privet masseg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    Certifications: CCNA CCNP
    WIP: CCIE
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

No harm done, but we're a bit short of hedges here...

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD