ECS GeForce6100PM-M2 V7.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albertc30, Aug 9, 2010.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everybody.

Does anyone here has the ECS GeForce6100PM-M2 V7.0 GeForce 6150SE (Socket AM3/AM2+) DDR2 microATX motherboard? Have you used it with an AMD Sempron 140 2.70GHz (Socket AM3) Processor?

The reason for this is that I need to make sure these two are compatible. I have contacted the supplier and they have said that there should be no problem. However, the worst it could happen would be me having to upgrade the BIOS. But this raises a dilemma. How can I upgrade the BIOS if the board does not recognize the CPU?

Anybody?

Cheers.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I don't have that board. However according to here, the motherboard supports the CPU:

And judging by the BIOS download page. The only upgrades offers improved power state and support for 6-core CPU's. So it should support the CPU in question straight out of the box.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Thanks wagnerk.

Really helped and hardware has now been purchased and on its way.

Cheers.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+