eCommerce

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Maxelcat, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Maxelcat

Maxelcat Bit Poster

Just passed the desiger!

Now think its probably time for ecommerce

What I want to know is will I be able to set up a fully funcitoning on line shop by the end of the course?

(Also, but less important to me - Has anybody tried the new materials tht the CIW are producing yet?)

Cheers

Edward

Certifications: CIW Associate
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on passing your exam and good luck with the next one! :thumbleft

Sorry dont know much about CIW exams but im sure someone who does will be here later.... :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. daibeer

daibeer New Member

Hi,
    Glad to hear you passed the designer, I'm on it at the moment. Just a short question, what your views on the 1st Section, I personally found it quite difficult, purely because I'm a hands on and not a studier. I learn best by doing and not reading. Any thoughts?
    regards

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :beers2

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Maxelcat

Maxelcat Bit Poster

To be honest, its dead boring and mostly irrelevent. (Or at least, I thought so)

From what I hear few of us get to work in teams where there are copy writers, project leaders and so on. I have a designer who designs pretty layouts, and I do everything else. Still, when my empire takes off...... :biggrin

I found the history of html/xhtml quite interesting however. Once you get into the practical stuff its good though.

As to the exam there is a good spread of questions - so you will need to have a handle on that stuff at the start. One thing, I came across a couple of questions that had terminology that I had never came across and neither had my teacher (I am doing this at a local college). We thought it was a mistake frankly. And there are software specific questions too - like how many keyframes would you need in a flash movie to do such and such. I thought the exam was meant to be vendor neutral.

Anyway, overall a good course. I am signing up for the ecommerce today.

Certifications: CIW Associate
  7. daibeer

daibeer New Member

Many thanks for that, I thought it was just me.
    regards
    dai:D

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  8. CGooders

CGooders Bit Poster

Well done on passing Maxelcat, I am currently trying to conquor the Site Designer exam, I failed it yesterday by 1 mark and that is two times on the bounce I have missed out by 1 soding mark!!!

What did you do to get a good knowledge to pass the exam, have you been building dummie sites or just been going over the criteria in College? Im doing home learning and its sound to me I should of done it in a college based format now, how does your college run the program?

Regards

All the best on E-Commerce

Certifications: Master CIW Designer
    WIP: Microsoft 70-305 & 70-306.