Eclipse - Traffic Controller.

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by NightWalker, Jun 25, 2008.

1. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Got an email from my ISP today, just a Newsletter. They have introduced a really cool function on their new home broadband accounts called Traffic Controller. You can log in to their site and set the optimisation levels yourself for different types of traffic on your broadband. This is a great idea, as long as it works. There is a promo video here. Hopefully some other ISPs will introduce a similar thing.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Has potential, do you have access to it yet?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. NightWalker

No, I am on one of their old home broadband packages, been with them for about 18 months. I have unlimited downloads at the moment so I don't want to change until I have to. It is a good idea though, no doubt they will migrate all their customers to the new packages at some point. It will be a plus side being able to change these settings myself.

4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

dunno.
    what about those who would select the highest level for everything?

5. NightWalker

I wondered about that. Maybe the combination of percentages from all the sliders must add up to 100%, the system would not let you set them all to the top, you would have to move one down before the next one could be moved up.

6. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Nice idea, though I'd like to see proof that it makes a difference. I'd also like to see the ping time when users set gaming to the highest level compared to lowest and also compared to people like yourself, who havn't got this form of package/option.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+