Echolife hg520s

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by zxspectrum, Mar 30, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive got this router that has been password protected by the last person who used to live here, but the problem is i cant access it cos hes fforgot the admin name and passsword. The real reason i think is so that his mate who he used to live with here, is secretly going on the net. Not often but sometimes ive noticed my connection gong down somewhat, like to one bar when im paying xbox live, then suddenly going back to normal.

Maybe im paranoid but so im sure i want to reset the factory defaults on it and start again. There is a reset button on the back and i want to do this but not lose my connection, has anyone had any dealing with the above mentioned router from talk talk and do they haave any advice before i go for the kill???

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

If it were me - I'd just reset it. :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yep do a reset it wont screw up your connection (not much anyway) jk:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Qs

It'll probably reset the username/password for the connection and the wireless config (the wireless key) but hey... I'd still just reset it.

If you need any additional information then ring your ISP.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. zxspectrum

well i reset the connection and im havin problems connecting to the net i think its a dns problem im typin though my phone at the mo there is communication between my wireless and the router and also from the eternet0but im gettin limited connection any ideas people

6. Qs

Can you connect to the internet when using an ethernet cable directly into the router?

By resetting the router you will have more than likely reset the security details required to connect to your wireless.

Connect your PC to the router using your ethernet cable, browse to 192.168.1.1 through I.E and set up your wireless connection through the built-in setup in your router.

If you're having any further problems then ring your ISP as it may be due to their service etc etc.

Qs

7. zxspectrum

Whoo hoo a keyboard, pitty im in uni mind

Anyway i thought of that so i have got a the manual which has all the settings in. I can connect through ethernet, and access the router page no problem, im thinking if the reset password would be the actual phone number of the landline????

ZX

8. Qs

Which password?

The login username/password (to physically access the router via ethernet cable and navigating to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever it may be)) should be in the manual or written on the router itself.

The wireless password you'll more than likely set by using the built-in settings on the router (connecting to the router via ethernet, logging in and setting it up). This isn't pre-set.

The username/password combination for your internet connection to your ISP can be obtained by calling your ISP and asking them nicely.

Qs

9. zxspectrum

Yeah i know now after tearing my hair out lol, got it sorted now cheeers

ZX