ECDL question

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by supernova, Apr 8, 2010.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

my niece is looking to do the ECDL. I haven't done this one myself although i did have the opportunity whilst at college.

I wonder if the ECDL is specifically designed around particular OS and Office versions?

Can you self study and take the exams at prometric or pearson centres or is she restricted to colleges?

i am wondering if i can go over the materials with her and just book the exam.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

THIS should give you the info you need m8 :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

In theory, the ECDL is vendor/version neutral. In practice (in order to assist the learner) it depends on what version of the ECDL you do, eg version 4 is geared up towards Office XP/2003, while version 5 is geared up towards 2007. Regardless of what version you do, the end award is the same.

You can "self-study" (I use that term loosely, as you can do it without taking a class) it, however the qualification is assessed so it's going to have to be done thru a college or another educational centre.

For more information, you can contact either the BCS or your local educational establishment (college, Cyber cafe if they do it, etc)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security