ECDL Materials

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by vik11, Feb 22, 2009.

1. vik11

vik11 New Member

So I decided to take the ECDL, probably finish it V soon. Only reason I reckon I need it is to prove my skills so that I can at least apply for more decent admin/clerical jobs rather than be stuck in customer service world. These jobs will in effect tide me over while I go onto study/ train up for more techie roles. at best I can get my foot into a decent org and proceed up different avenues. as long as its a decent job with decent prospects and job satisfaction unlike my last job!

That's the plan anyway.

I got to stop explaining myself and get straight to the point!:oops:

So taking the ECDL, do I really need to buy up to date books/ materials as my local library has 2004 versions and the 2005 versions for advanced?

And while we are here, I'm going to lazy and not look at the website tonight and ask u guys, can I take advanced without the foundation, or is foundation a pre-req for advanced modules?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It looks like you can:

See here.

And there's no mention that you have to have the "normal" ECDL before the Advanced one on the ECDL homepage.

However contact your local training centre to be 100%. You may also want to take a look into the new MCAS certifications from Microsoft via Certiport.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Sofista

Sofista Bit Poster

Hi Vik,

I've done ECDL, I was using www.alison.com.

The registration is free and it covers about 80% of the material.

Hope it helps :-)

Certifications: A+, MCTS, MCITP, MCP,
    WIP: Network +, MCDST