Ebay stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Aug 29, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Anyone hot on ebay topics

Sold a laptop, then realised that a usb port was broken and that i couldnt find the power lead. I told the buyer and immediately issued a refund. Then i started getting some arsey messages from the bloke.

MSG 1, i am not happy with this bid, at the time i was watching another bid, you have effectively cost me that bid, i have reported you to ebay and may take this further.

Then i look at my feedack and hes pur negative feedback, saying time waster, seeking legal advice???

ONly thing i can think i have done wtrong is not checking that ive got all the stuff in the add, but i did refund the pillock his money back so i cant see a prob???

Any ideas???

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Sounds like a bag of grapefruits on the buyers side of it if you ask me. I wouldn't worry about it.

You refunded the cash, job done. If the buyer wants to 'seek legal advice' (a 99.9% empty threat I am sure of it) then it's going to cost the buyer at few quid to file a small claim and when it reaches court (which it won't) it'll be thrown out as the buyer has no case as you offered a refund.

The buyer is a miser, ignore it and if anything, get the negative comment sorted as it's not a true reflection of the transaction. You told the truth, could have ripped him off but you didn't. Many other eBay sellers would say nothing and take the cash.

Don't lose sleep over this pillock mate. :)

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

You should be able to add a a comment to his negative feedback comment, so just explain you realised you had made an error on the listing and so had issued him a refund and point out that he is complaining because you refunded him.

TBH I know we live in a world of legal action and joke cases but surely nobody could take seriously a complaint of being refunded their money in full no questions asked because the product wasn't as described.

WIP: A+
  4. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

He hasnt got a strong claim anyway, you can always argue that you didnt check the machine properly(which is the case) plus you refunded him, so its a full stop for ebay.
    I had few similar issues where people try to scare you by mentioning legal advice, I wouldnt worry if I was you, and I will follow up his feedback noting what an cr** ebayer he is.

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Follow up that you were simply honest, refunded his money, and the guy is a tool.

Seeking legal advice? Pah. How much did the laptop 'cost' him? Zero. How much would 'legal advice' cost him?

He's an idiot, don't even break a sweat over it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

It's probably just an opportunist trying to get something for nothing. Ignore and move on.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+