Ebay and the state of the UK! What a shambles!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by drum_dude, Apr 3, 2010.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Well all...I'm flogging my drum gear on Ebay and f*ck me what an experience!! So where do I start????

Well lets start with what appears to be the 'new english language': txt speak!

The amount of messages I've recieved that are in this new language is shocking i.e. 'im', 'u', 'ur'. 'coz', 'n e', 'i', '2', '4' 'thanx' etc...totally shocking! I've requested that 6 ebayers rewrite their messages in english! So far 3 have told me to fvck off!

And then there is what appears to be postcodes and motorways i.e. 'gr8', 'm8', 'l8z'...and so on! I've asked why postcodes and motorways are in the messages to them all! Only one replied with "WTF u on about m8?"...I give up!

Just what the f#ck is going on in this country? No wonder unemployment is so high!

And then of course you have the smart @rse 2nd hand car dealer wannabes with their tw@tty messages:

"How much stick has this kit had?" so my response is "two sticks" and the reply back is "tw@t!"...for f*cks sake!!

And then there is the twerps that message:

" 'i' have cash waiting...'u' can have it now, 'ur' obviously desperate due to the amount of sh1t 'ur' selling"...err no...fvck off!

Or here's the best one "do 'u' have a buy it now in mind?' despite the fact it's an auction????? So I write back (not say) "Yes, £XXX cash on collection" but what do I get back as a response??? "I can't stretch to that kind of money" So since when did money become a 'kind' of money??? Jesus wept...these people are truly proper fvckwits!

...then there is the auction that is COLLECTION ONLY! But still the numpties just cannot accept that i.e. "Hi, my name is Jack and 'im' from Poland. Can you pack the drum shells into the bass drum. I send courier to your house and he collect! I 'by' 'u' loads beer for this"...my response is "what part of COLLECTION ONLY did you not understand?"...his response "F*CK YOU"????? What is going on!

Had the same thing from 9 UK based ebayers too. The auction clearly stated COLLECTION ONLY in BOLD, RED, Font Size 36 and UNDERLINED wording but these priks still message:

"I'll send a courier round..."

BUT PRIKTITS HERE HAS TO FIND A FRICKIN BOX ETC!!!! TW@TS!!!

So I respond back to them with one word and that is 'no'. One comes back to me with "go f*ck yourself" so I respond back with "no you go f*ck yourself"...he/she/it then informs me that I "will be hunted down"??? And all because I refused to post a 6 piece drumkit with 80 kilos worth of hardware????

Fvck this sh1t! I can't wait until it's over! I can see my 100% feedback being fvcked over after this...but fvck Ebay and on the same note FVCK Paypal too! And no wonder this country is so fvcked!

FVCK IT ALL!

Thanks for reading!

:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I feel your pain. eBay has been a sad, sick joke for more than three years now. I haven't sold anything on there for five years. Buy maybe two things on there in a year.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. drum_dude

Here's another Zeb:

how much is shipping to london ?
    thanx

Now this knob-end is in Spain! My response:

It's clearly stated on the auction! What does 'thanx' mean? Or did you mean 'thanks'?

His response:

go fck urself

???? In txt speak too!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  4. drum_dude

And here's another one: the old greetings such as 'hi', 'hello', 'dear', 'good morning/afternoon' have now been replaced by 'hey'...so there you go...a complete stranger now shows you respect by addressing you as 'hey'. The first fvcker to do this to me on ebay was met with "hey what? The Rock Steady Crew?"...the response was "huh??"...feckin dumbass!

I just now ignore them but I'm trying to imagine these plebs going to job interviews or even applying for jobs! I get the feeling that even McDonalds would turn them down!!!

5. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It's the choice of a new generation :D

There's a lot of retarded 16-25 year olds out there, thats the labour government for you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

W3rd. It's all about the government - nothing to do with the parents.

8. Len

Len Byte Poster

Lets burn them :D

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  9. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

wait I think you meant: let's burn them

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  10. Len

Len Byte Poster

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  11. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

I agree with a lot of what you said in the original post but this post makes me think that a lot of the problem is infact you, if you're getting so pissed off with people writing to you and saying 'hey', the problem is you and not them. Calm it down and stop treating people like you're better than them, you're trying to flog a drum kit, you haven't written out a job advertisement for a server at the Ritz.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  12. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Gotta agree with the above post mate, surely you can hold back until ya kit is sold. At the end of the day they have got the money and your wanting to sell ya gear so just bite ya tongue until the stuff is gone.

Totally understand where ya coming from on the "can you post to Poland" and "do you have a buy it now price" etc though :D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  13. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I agree with Simons post as well. Your trying to sell it so what do you really care about the way buyers are messaging you? If i went into a shop and they didnt like me asking questions in my manner and told me to fek off, that's exactly what i'd do, plus complain to thier head office etc. OK so your selling on ebay, the best they can do is ruin your rating, but you'd be surprised how much that actually affects peoples decision to bid on something your selling.

For my own sins i'm selling a car on fleabay. 18 watchers and 4 bids so far and it ends tonight. I know there'll be more last minute bids towards the end and i'm already getting the price i want. However, i had someone message me the other day asking to come look at it. There was no "Hi", "hello" or "thanks" used but i still replied and they came to see it. During teh inspection he asked would i sell it to him now if he offered me what i wanted, but he couldnt pay for it until next week. Instead of telling him to fek off like you would seem to do, i just suggested he go back and put in a bid at the max he was willing to pay and see if he was lucky. The guy wasnt upset or offended by this. I even told him if it didnt sell i'd let him know. I'm selling teh car as i want rid of it, so the more i can do to help someone in thier choice the more to my advantage it is.

I will say this though, there are some thick people bidding on ebay. I mean, last time i sold a car, someone did ask i i would post it to them! Yeah sure, i'll wrap in ina box and take it to the post office as an extra large parcel shall i?? I also had someone ask if i could hire a truck for them to pick it up on, and take teh cost off teh selling price, errrr no! and finally anothe rone who asked if i could drive it round to thiers 200 miles away, despite me listing the car as a non runner!

Despite all this, i do use Ebay quite a bit, have bought and sold on there and only ever had one or two problems. So long as your sensible i find its ok. The only thing i hate is the charges ebay apply and then you have to add teh charges for using paypal.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  14. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

feel your pain mate. I agree that ebay is not the place it once used to be. hate it with a passion now. :D

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  15. drum_dude

Thanks guys...feel a lot better now that I've let off some steam! Anyway, there is loads of bidders on the gear at the moment!

16. drum_dude

You're right! Thanks for that.

17. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Ah matey I feel your pain.

I've sold a few things on eBay recently, most notably my Samsung R60 plus laptop, which I no longer had need for.

I had numerous BIN price requests (it was in the body of the auction). One message I had was (almost verbatim) "Wht price u got fr cash can u dlvr". I didn't even reply to that.

The funniest by far was a guy who tried to be clever. He tried to negotiate the stated BIN price I'd put (had he never researched the whole point of maximum bids on auctions?) saying it was too steep. The lappy I was selling had a free case, a Vista Business license (as well as the OEM home premium license the lappy came with) and I wanted £250. He linked me to a different Samsung lappy by way of comparison of what he could get "for not much more and brand new". The lappy I sold had 2GB RAM, dual core 1.66GHz and a 250GB hard drive. The laptop he linked me to had a slower processor, a smaller hard drive and less RAM. It was all I could do to stop myself from replying "you're an idiot". Instead, I ripped his "better" laptop to shreds, told him to buy it if it wasn't that much more, and if he wanted to go to PC World to buy a brand new laptop I'd be happy to accompany him as he clearly knew as much about technology as my goldfish.

eBay's great, isn't it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

(Most People)=Morons

19. drum_dude

Cheers mate...I was just having a 'moment'

The bidding is going well and I'm nearly past the £2k mark...so that has cheered me up! Funnily those that are bidding are 100% feedback with very high scores. The annoyances have been those that are new members and with zero feedback.

20. drum_dude

haha!!! Yeah I've had similar things happen too!

What I'm waiting for next is for a winning bidder to message me about postage on a collection only item!