Easton Learning Centre

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Gav, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Has anybody ever used the Easton Learning Centre on Stapleton Road in Bristol?

I've booked a couple of (Prometric) exams there (they open on a Saturday), but when I mentioned it in work today, the unanimous response I got was that it is very "dodgy".

I was wondering if anyone on here had any experiences of it?

Also, can anybody point me in the direction of a test centre somewhere in the South West (ideally) that opens on a Saturday?

Thanks, Gav.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I've used them once and will stay clear in the future.

I like you was hoping to take the exam on Saturday but week before the exam date I received a call and I was told that unfortunately test centre (which by the way is a s**thole like you would not believe) is not open on saturdays and that I have to reschedule it to other working day.

So I did (2 weeks later as there were no dates available). Later I received a call asking to reschedule it again as person who would oversee the exam is not available. Rescheduled again and arrived at test centre 10 minutes before the exam time. Had to wait for the bloke for 40 minutes to finally sit the exam.

To be honest mate, take a day off work and reschedule it again, this time at testing centre in Bristol City Centre (I think it's Colston Avenue or something).

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

I was desperate to book a N+ before end of 2010, they where open and advertising a slot on new years eve (great). I thought I would call them before I paid my £180. When I called first time no-one seemed to know anything about being a prometric test centre (i put it down to a new employee or something), the 2nd time I was told that they only do the UK citizenship exams (and that I should do one of those as I was foreign), the 3rd time I was told (worryingly casually) yes boss, no problem boss, we do prometric tests here boss, no problem...

I didn't book and kept my £180. I just got the impression that I would turn up and be turned away, or find the place locked or something.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  4. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Thank you very much guys. I tried calling them today, several times, and got no answer.

I think I'll end up doing the exams at e-academy in Cardiff. They're a very professional organisation, MS Gold Partner etc. and I've never had any problems when sitting the previous three exams with them.

5. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Good choice, I have a testing centre near me that only opens on a Thursday, If I am unable to make it on a Thursday I always use the E academy in Cardiff, very friendly and professional and free parking!

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  6. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

I know that this is rather an old thread, but interestingly the centre seems to have been removed from Prometric's site.

They were there last month as I was scheduling my MCDST exams at the time and considering them as they advertised Saturday slots but they've disappeared off the available list now.

I've booked in B'ham now anyway...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...