Easier or harder than expected

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by moodster, Aug 8, 2008.

1. moodster

moodster Bit Poster

Hi Everyone

Been studying for the 70-271 for about 2 months now and I'm looking to take the exam in about 8 weeks time. What were your impressions of the exam - was it easier or harder than expected. I read on here that the MS Readiness Review exams are harder than the actual exam.

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

im afraid its all a bit relative, I think the most valuable thing you can get from the 271 (bar the MCP status of course) is real world exposure to how MS present the exam, by that I mean their writing style, length etc etc. I found the MS readiness review to be fairly close to the mark mostly, but do take a moment to think that the software comes free with a book so may not be the most uptodate and trustworthy bits of software. Its more a marketing tool for measureup software which I've always used in prep for exams and never had a problem with.

Mostly though its only as easy or as hard as your current exposure level to the topic or by how much study you have put into it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. moodster

moodster Bit Poster

Thanks for your response Dales :)

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

no probs good luck with the studying and exam!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing