E-careers.co.uk - Comptia A+

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by broomo74, Nov 25, 2005.

1. broomo74

broomo74 Bit Poster

I've been offered the A+ course with on-line and phone support, disks and mock exams for £100.00. Has anyone ever used this company? I was looking to do the A+ from home with the Meyers book but was thinking for £100.00 surely i's worth having a bit of back-up and interactive help?

Please help, there are so many salesmen and options in my head that I just about to have another beer!!

Brendan.

2. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

with the price of labour you won't be getting much support for 100 quid..

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You can get all the support that you need here for free!

Clyde's right, for the £100 by the time you take the course materials off you wouldn't get much support, and I'll bet that it's an expensive phone line if you need to use it.

8)

4. drifert69

drifert69 New Member

Hi There,

I recently started a online course with learnitonline, they gave me the comptia a+, n+ and server for £199 with mentor support, its done online and it takes a few hours to get a responce but the courseware is very good and the mentor i was emailing seemed to know his stuff.

hope that helps

5. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

If you feel confident enough to do it from home then I would do that, that way you learn at your own pace.

I have never heard of e-careers before so I had a quick look on their website at the course details and you have to ask yourself do you feel 38 hours is enough time?

End of the day it is upto you, and what you feel comfortable doing, but don't let a salesman bully you into purchasing something you don't really want. They don't care if you pass or if the course is suitable for you, they only care about the commision they will receive!

Good luck :biggrin

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Never heard of them but their site and products look quite good. :D
    Prices very good. I suppose they are cheap because you don't actually "get " anything in your hand. It is all held on their servers for you to watch! You will need a nice fast internet connection and hopefully they have the bandwidth to support you and many other users at the same time.
    Support is via the phone..... mind you, you can always get quicker answers in a great forum like.... :tune :iluvcf

Let us know if you go for it :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Connectivity

Connectivity Bit Poster

e-careers sell mindleaders products.

Which is one of the more popular e-learning courseware developers. They are generaly good courses but you would want at least broadband or you could be waiting around for pages to load. Ask for a demo!!!!

8. kirbster21

kirbster21 New Member

I got access to their courses through the 7 day trial and found it easy to access and with my broadband had no problem with the speed of the pages loading, in fact I too am considering the choice between an online course or a book. Would be interesting to know if anyone here has ever used them.

9. broomo74

broomo74 Bit Poster

Hi peoples, I've just recieved my Meyers Book and read the introduction straight away.. it's seems so good. I am still unsure about the E-Careers but have a gut feeling to go it alone (well with the Missus giving me grief). I really do appreciate your help and comments.

Just one more thing (for now anyway) does it really matter what type of PC I get to take apart (i.e. will a 5 year old one have the same components as a new one) as Meyers recommeneds to have one handy to get to know the parts.

I'm going to be a pain in the back side I an see it.

Again I really do appreciate any help and advice available.

Brendan.

:dunce :dunce :dunce

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The components will be older but it should do for starters. If the machine is sufficiently old, it will probably have ISA as well as PCI slots which will be interesting.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

A five year old computer will most likely be a Pentium 3 or similar spec. I am sure that would be fine for your experimentation.

Even with new computers, there are lots of differences in motherboard layout, depending on the brand. A five year old computer still has more or less the same stuff as a new one. A processor, RAM, video card, HDD, sound card, NIC etc. And it might have ISA slots as Trip pointed out :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. Hi Broomo,
    e-Careers.co.uk is our sister site! The CompTIA A+ is a great introduction to IT. The courses are online. If you like beer, reading a thick book may not be for you.

13. Hi Bromo,
    Try a demo without registering here (add this to end of e-careers url) /contents.php?page=free-training-demo-access&action=success see if you like it or not.

14. Hey! The phone line is standard rate 01279.......:) and we have an online customer service chatroom open 9am-8pm (free) :)

15. Nice Manga Pic.....You are correct! But Beware, the new 2011 may throw a few curve balls!

16. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Why are you having a conversation with yourself in a 6 year old thread??

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  17. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Hahaha, This made me chuckle!!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  18. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

lol! Full of fail. ;)

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  19. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

6 year old thread, really?

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  20. Doh! Another new system to figure out!