E-BOOK READERS

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by redcard, Feb 22, 2008.

1. redcard

redcard Bit Poster

Does anyone have any experience with ebook readers, namely the Sony PRS 505?

I'm thinking of getting one so I can read on the move. Also, anyone know if training books generally come with a PDF version included on the CD?

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I tend to read my e-book pdf versions of a book that I've bought more than the book itself. It really does depend on personal preference.

On the other hand can put the pdf version on my usb memory stick and take to work for reading on the PC looks much professional if you get the gist. In terms of books and pdf it does not come with every book, but know it does come with the MS press books and Sybex.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

The sony ones seem to be fairly pricy especially when palm pilots can do the same job and more for about half the price - just need to install pdf reader software. Don't have either yet so can't comment on which is the best but I'm looking to pick up a cheap pda on ebay soon for reading ebooks

HTH

Damo

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  4. Chopperchand

Chopperchand Nibble Poster

As onoski said, The MS Press and Sybex books I have came with PDF versions. They are good for studying at work. Saves carrying a 700+ page book around.

WIP: MCSA Sql Server 2012
  5. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

I use my copy of Mastering Windows NT 4.0 Server by Mark Minasi to hold down the lid on my Ramen noodles. 8)

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs