DVD-RW recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karen44, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Karen44

Karen44 Nibble Poster

Evening all!

I have a friend who wants to upgrade to a DVD-RW drive priced around £50. Guess who gets to fit it :rolleyes: :biggrin

Anyways, I've been surfing around for a few hours and there are so many to choose from!

Any recommendations???

Cheers
    Karen :biggrin

PS. No, I haven't sorted mine out yet but "touch wood" it's still running ok with no further issues!! Trying to speed read Meyers A+ book so I know fully what Im doing with my trusty screwdriver!! :eek:

Certifications: None worth mentioning yet...
    WIP: A+, N+, MCSE
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Try Videohelp.com

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well its upto you Karen...there are so many the only problem is which one do you go for? you can visit www.ebuyer.co.uk if u havent been there...but otherwise take your pick and you should be fine...if u get an OEM version make sure you get the screws and IDE cables yourself...otherwise if you get retail then everything will come with the DVD-RW...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

I personaly like LG. Such as this.

Have always bought them and they have always been reliable.

Neall

WIP: A+
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I'm with AJ.
    What Videohelp doesn't know about anything video related aint worth knowing! :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

yeah LG are good...I bought a Samsung DVD/CDRW combo when I built my PC...then I wanted to get a DVD writer of the same manufacturer but before I could my ex missus had already got me a DVD writer for Xmas from Benq (went under the name of Enlight) and its great and I like it to bits...but thats what you get for saying you want a DVD writer for Xmas and women pick up on these things...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life