DVD Piracy Warnings

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

[rant]

Whoever had the clever idea of placing those damn anti-piracy warnings at the start of DVD's needs to be taken out back and shot!

Actually, the same applies for the the similar practice of DRMing the arse off games (Ubisoft, im looking at you).

Who in their right mind thought that annoying the piss out of the legitimate customers was a good idea? I dont want to be annoyed with anti-piracy warnings every time I load a DVD. I paid for these damn DVD's, im not the one they need to be preaching to.

Perhaps they should spend their money on finding a more effective method of combatting piracy, rather than pish like this, that likely will end up driving more people to piracy (after all, those who pirated the DVD arent seeing that warning, are they?)

[/rant]

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I believe I can sum this up for you mate:

The few spoil it for the many.

This can be applied to just about anything on Earth.
    Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

This.

Go figure :rolleyes:

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

When I rip my DVDs and Blurays to M4k Files for streaming around the house (this is of course, illegal now, but the DMCA can go **** itself) I always strip off that ****, and trailers, and any other crap that i didn't pay for (it seems only Hollywood and the clothing inventory can pull of free advertising that they charge us for!)

Funny, if you steal the ****, those warnings are also removed ;)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0