dungeon keeper 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Right, this is really beginning to annoy me now.

Installed DK2 on my Xp Pro machine. it more than meets the specs, installs fine on my profile, and runs without an issue, yet when i try to run it on another profile, it wont run at all. It keeps producing an error asking for you to enter the key CD.

Initially the second profile was set as a user, although i had added it into a group called games (which is set to have full control over the games directory - where i install games into). but no joy, i even set the profile as a power user, and tried installing the game THROUGH that profile as the power user.

In a fit of frustration i even tried to delete the profile and recreate it, no joy.

Any ideas?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

What does the license say about multiple users?

If you enter the key in the second user profile does it stop asking afterwards, or does it continue to insist on the key every time that profile is fired up?

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

its not asking for a license key, its asking for you to insert the key CD. doesnt give the option to key in a license code. gods knows what the license itself says, but i cant see how that could be an issue. since its on the same pc, and even reinstalling from her profile stuffs it up.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present