dual wireless stuff

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxspectrum, Jul 23, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I have a Hi fi nthat i can stream music too wirelessly, i can connect this way but when i do i lose the wireless net connection from the came pc. Is there a way where i can set my laptop and pc up to stream music to the hifi without losing my nnet connection.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

What have you tried so far?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well ive tried to get it so that i can stream music from my laptop to my stereo, it is wireless compatible. I even enter the wpa key so that it can connect to the network, this is where im having thr trouble i think.

I can connect my laptop and pc wirelessly to the stereos signal but then obviously i lose internet connecttion. Would i need to bridge or use ad hoc set up to achieve what i want. Which is the pc and laptop communicating with the stereo but being able to stay on the internet. Also i could then get my internet radio to work

Zx

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Whats the make and model of your Hifi?