DSL Flashing

Discussion in 'Networks' started by kat731, May 30, 2007.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi all,

ok, just got on the net after an hour.. Been losing connection lately, didnt think much of it until last weekend when i kept gettin the flashing DSL light!! Get home tonight and its just flashing non stop. Got the ISP on the bone, tested the line to my router, broadband signal ok. Anyway, he said change the filters, but, also if my main BT socket has a split across the middle it means it has a test socket inside! Oh right ok, yes mine has, took half the faceplate off connected the line to the test socket.. and hey im here! Ok, its temporary, a new face plate connector is needed, but its at least given me the solution as to the prob. Might try to do it or get BT bod round. Just thought it might help some who, as i have had, jobs where the router DSL is flashing and you end up at a loss!! Learn something everyday..

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well spotted Kat! The *master* socket is the one BT take care of, so you might want to leave it to them. Sod's law says whatever happens will be your fault otherwise. :twisted:

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

If you have that type of master socket, and the connection on the internal socket is much better than on any other socket, then you have a problem with your *internal* wiring.

If you call BT about this they will probably fix it but will charge you! It is your wiring!

So check things out before you call.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Good point, Harry.

I am still in "microsoft testing mode" (!) so read the question literally; no other socket in the house was mentioned, so i assumed the only option was to get BT to replace their master.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT