Drop down date menu

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by twizzle, Jul 23, 2009.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Does anyone know how to add a calender to a drop down menu in html? I'd liek to show a calendar for current month that users can select the date on or browse forwards ad abck to any date so it shows in a drop down menu in form. Sort of like in a registration form where date registered calls a calender and you just select that date.
    i can add lists etc but i just cant find anything that allows me to select dates.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Here's a link to free javascript file which will do it. Far easier to do like this than in pure HTML.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting/DropCalendar.aspx

Hope this helps :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

thanks Qs. unfortunatley it either has to be html or php code. our developers dont like using java, go figure.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. Qs

*sigh*

This do you?

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

This is Hilarious ! :D

Its JavaScript ! not Java ! Notice the difference !

To do a pop up you need floating divs etc, the content and visibility of these get altered dynamically by the javacript to show the correct calendar details and allow date picking etc.

Otherwise you are stuck with plain HTML controls and a very boring site with absolutely no JavaScript at all.

Maybe you should code it for them then ? :D

6. Qs

So didn't read the comment, lol. Thanks for the heads-up dmarsh :p

Use my original link matey!

Qs