Dreamweaver CS4 problem

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by dan23687, Nov 1, 2010.

1. dan23687

dan23687 New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering whether any of you can offer any advice or help with a problem I have with Dreamweaver CS4.

The problem is regarding the Synchronize feature within Dreamweaver, for example after I have made a change to a web page and want to upload this to the internet, the software detects what files have changed which is fine but against the file it has the word and symbol called "Resolve" and this is where I am stuck because I cannot click on the Resolve button to change it to "Put" because the icon is grey so therfore I am unable to upload any changes to any websites.

If anybody can help me then it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

From memory you don't need to do this. You would only need to select the okay button to go to the next step and then it will upload the changed files. It will probably ask you if you want to upload the dependant files too. You can do this too if you want but it's not necessary unless they've changed, in which case they would also be uploaded anyway.

It's been a while since I opend Dreamweaver and uploaded anything.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. dan23687

dan23687 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. If I click on ok it just comes up saying 1 file skipped and it doesn't upload. If I make a new file that works fine, but that doesn't help when you have lots of pages which are linked together.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel