Download Monitor

Discussion in 'Software' started by Carlito, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Carlito

Carlito Bit Poster

Hi All,

I have a customer who is sure that BT are pulling a fly one on her regarding the amount of data she is downloading per month. They are charging her additional usuage allowance (20GB Limit) but she sure she is not using anywere near this. After speaking to BT they are blaming updates :dry, talk about additional language packs eh lol. What im looking for is a prog to record both the amount of donwloaded data and also specify the type of data i.e email, p2p etc etc. Bt are claiming they cant offer a breakdown of traffic by type any older than a week old mmmmmmmmmmmm

any suggestions on progs avaialbe would be much appreciated the ones I have found only seem to offer a total download figure and not a breakdown of the donwloads.

Kind regards

(she is also free from virus and malware, and the network is secure and in a really remote area)

2. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

I'm not away of any that will do that only a download figure as you say...

I find it totally crap that BT don't offer a breakdown service? how is that useful for customers? I'm with PlusNet and they offer me a full breakdown and email me where I'm near my usage (pretty good service).

Maybe its time for her to move on? at least BT could offer some assistance and monitor the connection for longer than a week? this is exactly why I won't go with companies like BT/Sky/TalkTalk as they really don't put themselves out there to help people! (and the foreign call centres don't help).

I think I went a bit on there! soz :)

Reminds me of this: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/07/14/comcast.bans.internet.wired/index.html?iref=obinsite

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  3. Carlito

Carlito Bit Poster

my feelings exatly mate, they simply just dont care. Im with plusnet also and really do like being able view a traffic breakdown comes in very handy when me and my borther are splitting the bills :tune

yeah be asked to spell almost EVERYTHING over the phone gets highly annoying very quickly. Never mind il try a 3rd party donwload monitor and advise her to take her custom somewere else if they are sticking to this attitude

4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. Carlito

Carlito Bit Poster

having had this laptop all day today i have noticed that the download meter is gaining about 1MB every couple of minutes or so regardless of wither im doing anything with it or not. how can this be?