Download Mainsoft's whitepaper, "Integrating SharePoint with Lotus Notes..."

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Download Mainsoft's whitepaper, "Integrating SharePoint with Lotus Notes: Strategic Coexistenc

Mainsoft software and services offer a practical alternative to the steep costs and risks inherent in a migration strategy, and the inefficiencies and frustrations caused by a do-nothing strategy.

Download the whitepaper here.

I don't know how useful this is as I don't work with Lotus notes.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Lotus Notes is great. I use Lotus Notes 6.5 at my work, and it has a very good interface, and many options. At the end of the day it is just e-mails, but it has good address books, groups, and even allows you to book meeting rooms via the application (although I think this function has to be set up with uniqueness depending on what style of business you have)

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You use it... but do you administer it? The last time I administered a Lotus Notes server was about 7 years ago... and it was bad enough that I never wanted to administer another one.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. mickaveli2001

I don't administer it, but I do use it. I am happy with the results and functions available. Are there better e-mail programs out there?

5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Oh bleep, you have to register to download it.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, my LN experience is pretty dated... but if it's anywhere close to how it used to be, there are MUCH better e-mail solutions out there. Exchange with Outlook, for one.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. mickaveli2001

Thanks - the reason I ask is because I want to put a proper e-mail program onto my laptop once I do a re-format and re-instilation

8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Are you talking about actual e-mail systems or just an e-mail client on your laptop?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. revoo

revoo New Member

I tried to look at the whitepaper with no luck.

So I've looked at Mainsoft's website for the lotus notes sharepoint migration solution and it is looks effective, but how do I know what functions are really businesslike?

Any opinions from users who used it?

10. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster