Dover harbour gives berth to ICTTech trio

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Dover harbour gives berth to ICTTech trio

Three IT professionals from the UK’s Dover Harbour Board will be among the first in the world to receive the new ICTTech professional qualification, awarded by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).

Ben Johnston, Mark Burton, and Mike Demetriou, are all employed as systems engineers on the harbour board’s ICT systems. Established in 1606, Dover Harbour Board is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and improvement of the harbour at Dover. It operates at the heart of the UK's and Continental Europe's cross-Channel transport network, managing and piloting what has become one of today's busiest drive-on, drive-off terminals in the world.

“It’s a real achievement for Mark, Mike and Ben that they are among the first seven people in the world to achieve this brand new professional qualification,” says Roy Warden, the IET’s regional development manager for the Dover area.

Read the rest of the article here.

So, who is going to be the first person on CF to gain this credential? Won't be me, as the BCS is still being assessed to be able to offer this, lol :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments