Doubts

Discussion in 'Network+' started by decebal, Dec 13, 2008.

1. decebal

decebal Bit Poster

I have to sit for my public exam but i rescheduled already twice because I become confused and also I do not feel 100% ready to do it because of the materials which I studied ( 1st was from my college- Skills Train; and now I finished The Third Edition of Mike Meyers Network+ book) and I still feel I have lack of knowledge. The first issue is I cannot practice at all and 50% of the theory doesn`t apply in real world. Is very difficult to diggest a lot of information without practice. What do I have to do to be sure I will pass the exam?

Another Issue with the begining of the 2009 objectives the CompTIA recommended for CompTIA Network+ (2009 Edition) candidates to have the following:
    • CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge, though CompTIA A+ certification is
    not required.
    • Have at least 9 to 12 months of work experience in IT networking.

How can I gain experience in IT networking when no one will employ you without any experience and no one will give any chance to show what you know.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE/MCSA
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

have you considered in takinga testing prep like;

Transcender
    Preplogic
    Boson

These exam prep will assist you. The idea of these exam prep is tpo give you a guideline as to whether you are ready for the exam or not?

All links are clickable.

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

experience for A+ and N+ isn't madatory it is only a recommendation so you could go for it.

exams like CCNA, MCSA and MCSE really need on the job experience.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. decebal

decebal Bit Poster

The Boson ones seems doesn`t have the option to be downloaded. Which one do you recommend 100%?

5. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

You get that experience by offering your *free* services to charitable organisations or similar, either part time or full time (depending on your financial situation). Or you find a low end job in some branch of IT support, and use that to justify to yourself that you have 'experience'. Network+ is harder than A+ for a lot of people, including myself. I found that with A+, a lot of the things learnt cemented ideas I'd already picked up along the way by just dabbling with computers. With networking, you can't get that sort of experience in the home, so you're forced to look elsewhere. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have done a bit of voluntary work to accrue some much needed experience.

Also, it might be worth noting that without said experience, your certifications will be worth very little - so get out there and start helping someone out!

Matt.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  6. decebal

decebal Bit Poster

Its weird because i went to some big companies like PCWorld (UK) and anothers big brands and the ideea of free services cannot be considered because they cannot have for me insurance. I tried but even with free services i had no success. I have to wait for the Xmas to pass and I will give another try.

7. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

There's no way PCWorld would hire you. They're right, you are a liability at that level. I was thinking more of actual charities, small ones with single offices. They generally use computers, right? Also a lot of primary schools will have computers, networks even. No IT guy though. That's where you come in. Just flood your surrounding area with offers, and see if you get any takers. You've already got an A+, why not give them your CV too?

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+