Doubling picture size help?

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by John Neerdael, Feb 10, 2009.

1. John Neerdael

John Neerdael Nibble Poster

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could double the picture size of the following image while maintaining the same sharpness, it's a simple picture but my photoshop cs skills are so limited that even that I wont be able to do, I could double the size but with a loss of quality and that isnt acceptable for what is meant to be used for.

[​IMG]

Thanks alot guys!

WIP: MCTS: 70-640
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You getting a tat done? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

In order to increase the size without compromising apparent quality you need to find the graphic in a different format.

First of all - JPEG is the worst possible format for a B&W graphic like that. Too much damage is done to the image by the compression, and this shows up when expanded.

If you can find a pure Postscript version then you will have a chance.

Why not contact the original poster/copyright holder to see if they can help? I'm sure they compressed the original to be able to post it.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. John Neerdael

John Neerdael Nibble Poster

Well thanks guys, Someone helped me out and pmed me in a increased resolution and it still looks sharp :) It's not for getting a tattoo but to use on a lightscribe cd for a dj friend of mine the circular shape in the middle fits nicely around the cd hole but the original resolution wasnt high enough for a good quality lightscribe print.

WIP: MCTS: 70-640