Dont print this email!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is anyone else putting all this ‘save the environment – don’t print this email’ crap on their email sigs at work? I’ve been getting this request more and more from customers as they want all outbound email stamped with it.

Now when you add the users company email sig which has every single way known to man to contact the person, a pointless graphic (which generally gets the email caught it other companies spam filters) and also a massive disclaimer which could fill a couple of sides of A4 a simple email can soon be a few hundred words long. Even the AV wants to stamp the email just to let everyone know what a fine job its doing and now I also get asked to put company promotions on email sigs so that’s more text at the end of an email which nobody reads.

It gets better though. When the user emails someone back and forward a few times the ‘save the environment – don’t print this email’ text gets stamped on it and also if the peeps at the other persons company are trying to save the planet they to have stamped their email with the ‘save the environment – don’t print this email’ message. This means with many emails that are printed there can be three or four pages of pointless text dumped in the bin next to the printer.

Doesn’t bother me though, just means I get to sell more printers and maintenance kits! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

In protest, I think I'm gonna print this thread. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

LOL not me. I know there are users out there that have that in their signature, but it's not many.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Guilty :oops:

...but then we don't have a long disclaimer and, my signiture (and most others in the company) are set so that they only go on the once ...

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good, this just proves my point.

Hee hee! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs