Domino Server Query

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rostros22, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

Have a problem with a mail file on our Domino server. The mail file would not open and appeared to have been corrupted during the overnight backup so I attempted to do a fixup on the database. Now the database is in an offline state and I am not 100% sure how to bring it back online to test if the fixup worked.

So far this is what I have done.

dbcache flush – To remove any active sessions to the database

load fixup d:\lotus\notes\data\mail\*database name* -F - To run the fixup utility

So now when I attempt to access the database I receive the ‘the database is being taken offline and cannot be opened’

Obviously a server reboot or shutting down the domino server will probably fixing this but that action affects everyone.

Just wanted to know if anybody had any ideas as what to do in case I come across this problem again.

Thanks

Stu

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Go for the Restart, no one will mind, honest! :twisted:

3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i have absolutely no friggin' idea. i only know very very basic lotus notes stuff.

4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

I have a friend who is certified on Domino, I have emailed him a link to this thread, so hopefully he will have a look and post some kind of response.

HTH

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  5. Rostros22

Thanks Nelix

Appreciate your help

I haven’t looked into much since I noticed the error, luckily the database with the fault is actually mine! Looks like the incremental backup had some problems last night and stopped on my mail file (probably due to the size of the thing!).

One of those days today, had nothing to do all week except basic admin work and then today the blackberry server went gone down and the payroll system has gone belly due to the year end upgrade.

6. Rostros22

Well I scheduled a shutdown of the domino server last night and that has cleared the problem.

If anyone does come across a method of bringing nsf files back online without shutting down please let me know.

Stu