Domain Names, email web hosting......Help?

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by Gingerdave, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ahh, looks like the verification process reads any TXT file in the DNS zone then.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the help all, I ended up getting a response from their tech support guys, for 123reg that site verification needs to be put with the host markeds as @ and all of the string as the value.

On the plus side however 123's DNS changes appear to rep round very quickly as 15 minutes after I made that change google had verified that, and the MX record changes and some other DNS work I had done.

I have to say really impressed with both 123reg.co.uk and Google apps, other than the above mentioned DNS issue to get going its been really painless - to the point I wondered why I didnt do this previously.

A big thank you (and rep) to all of you who helped out.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Glad you got it sorted mate. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...