Doing the 70-686 Exam on friday the 13th May

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by kevicho, May 2, 2011.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

im not superstitious, much :)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck with it then. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Good luck, remember and dont walk under any ladders, and carry a horse shoe with you then you should be fine! :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck mate :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I have captured 2 magpies, i estimate i will be a world leader, lottery winner and creator of the fresh air fuelled car within 6 months

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. canada

canada New Member

Good Luck for Friday

Studying for this one myself. Done 70-680. After reaading the 70-686 mspress book it seams like I'm learning the same content as with the 70-680 Microsoft Press book.

I have the book for the 70-685 EST MSPRESS but have not read it as of yet. I also bought and read the sybex 70-685/6 book which I thought was rubbish.

I'll book this exam myself in early June

Let us know how you get on and wether the exam content in the mspress books matches with the exam (I find they normally do):blink

Certifications: MCDST MCTS MCP A+ N+
    WIP: MCITP 70-685 70-686
  8. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Sad to announce to loss of my 100% 2011 record, with a score of 656

Planning and Managing a Client Life Cycle Strategy - almost full bar

Designing a Standard Image 80ish % bar

Designing Client Configurations - 50% bar

Designing a Windows 7 Client Deployment - 77ish% bar

Designing Application Packages for Deployment - 80ish % bar

and

Identifying and Resolving Deployment and Client Configuration Issues - almost full bar

So i know what to concentrate on, was surprised and disappointed not to pass, but hopefully will get it next time

Weird seeing all the full(ish) bars and a fail, oh well

9. Kitkatninja

Better luck next time mate, it took me 2 attempts to pass this exam :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  10. Helen.

Helen. Bit Poster

Ah better luck next time. I have this exam later this summer. Pretty nervous about it. Let us know how it goes next time you sit the exam :)

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: MCTS/MCITP
  11. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

Too bad mate, but you will crack it next time..just don't wait too long as it was close. I'm planning to do 70-680 in July, it will be the first of my new Windows 2008/7 track exams.

12. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Thanks, was a sleepless weekend, but ive picked revision up again working on that problematic area.

Hope i do pass next time, i need a break!

13. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Rebooking for 3rd June, hope for better luck (or more brainpower that day), and have cheekily researched 4 of the questions I remembered, and found one of the 50/50 ones that I just couldnt remember/decide which to go for that i got wrong!

Other 3 I remembered im sure i got right, pity i cant remember the other 51 questions! (Then again i may get a totally different exam ha!)

14. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

684 lol

15. canada

canada New Member

If it makes you feel any better I failed 70-685 on Friday with a 515. I had 15 or so scenerio based questions and I was bombarded with nothing but networking questions which for me is my achilles heel.

I feel I was unluckly with the exam questions, however this is no excuse and yes I am thick! :eek:

16. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

No it doesnt but thanks for the thought haha (no your not thick by the way)

These new exams are quite tough, seems from what ive read the area im getting 50% in, other people who have passed have had similar percentages, there were 2 questions that did stump me but were on a topic covering something we dont use a work, so i know another area to study, just a bit stuck on what to revise really, as the area I need to work on, did the measureup exam and got nearly full marks on it!

The worrying part is I was convinced I had a good enough score to pass and with a saftely margin, so what have i mislearned?

Oh well, I Am looking forward to this ms exam cram day coming up o n the 8th, might see if i can get some help with what to revise for that section

Have to pay myself for this 2nd retake, so failing by such a small margin is very costy haha

17. canada

canada New Member

Funny you should mention that you had felt you had done enough to pass the exam because thats excactly how I felt. When my score came in at 515 I thought to myself so what have i mislearned and will my boss ever let me near a computer ever again. I've a free re-shot so at least i'll get my monies worth with the exam pack I purchased.

I'm going back to the drawing board as 70-685 exam is concerned.

18. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Managed to pass, 3rd time lucky.

Spent last 6 weeks mostly on technet watching videos, also at work I have implemented applocker, bitlocker, app-v, med-v, looked at AIS, regoing through group policy, done some online labs, couple of practice tests.

Works been stressful and full on and ive developed shingles :s so having the rest of august off to recuperate (although works still to be attended, working remotely after tomorrow haha) and have some fun

Also i seemed to get easier questions, which was a bonus!

Relieved to say the least

19. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  20. Kitkatninja

Excellent news mate, 3rd times a charm :)

-Ken